Archive for October 2012 | Monthly archive page
We are heading to Wagga shortly. We hold Colour and Style consultations there and it is nice to get out of Sydney for a change. Like most women, we find that the reason people come to us is to help make their lives easier. They want to look good as they get older and have a wardrobe that works for their lifestyle. After no one has time to sit for hours every morning deciding what to wear and who wants to be left feeling depressed when they go shopping because they can’t find anything that suits them. Not me!
You can look good at any age and our big tip is to work with you and not against you. Everyone has things they love about themselves so highlight these and learn how to disguise what you don’t like so regardless you look good, a win- win situation in my books.
Colour has an amazing influence on the way you look and feel. Your best colours are determined by your eye, skin and hair tone and they compliment you. They have the effect of smoothing the lines and wrinkles on your face, hiding them and helping make you look great. The wrong colour on the other hand is one that detracts from you and draws attention straight to the shadows and lines in our face, making you look tired. The right colours help make you look younger; the wrong colours have the opposite effect. The best thing about colour is that once you know which tones suit you, looking good is as easy as wearing your right colours.
The next step in looking good is through the lines of your clothing. Style is about gaining balance and proportion through selecting clothing styles that suit you. Get it right and you will instantly look good. Use the length of your skirt to look taller, or the length of your jacket or top to look slimmer. By selecting the right lines and design details in your clothing and accessories, you can have an amazing wardrobe that doesn’t have to be elaborate. In fact less is more and keeping your wardrobe simple helps keep your life simple. At the end of the day you want to get value for money out of your wardrobe while looking good.
Tell us about your best colour or style tips.love it, share it!facebook twitter google pinterest
Last Thursday night saw the first Conscious Cup event. It was a night of entertainment and race day fashion and we were blessed with gorgeous summer weather. It was held at YOUENI in a beautiful setting, all organised by the amazing Judith from Cantor Direct
Brands included our beautiful handmade hats and headpieces (Izziana Millinery), stunning handmade jewellery by Shashen Jewels, Sseko sandals and handbags, fantastic heel protectors by Starlettos and gorgeous dresses from Bachhara. The lucky door prize was provided by Alkoomie Perfume.
Both Sseko and Buchhara help women in developing countries to generate an income for themselves and improve their lifestyle. We encourage you to read their stories.
This was an excuse to shop guilt-free for Melbourne Cup while supporting a great cause. Each of the participants donated part of their sales to their designated charity.
This year’s Melbourne Cup fashion has just become a little more conscious and we look forward to the next one. If you missed out and are still looking for race day fashion ideas, you can purchase online from the Conscious Cup participants.love it, share it!facebook twitter google pinterest
Shopping can be a hazardous pastime if we are not careful, not only for our wallets but also our state of mind. When shopping it is very easy to be distracted, buy on impulse and walk away with items that end up being costly mistakes. While the purchase may have looked great in the shop and it got the enthusiastic approval from the sales assistant, when you get home you find that surprisingly it does not look that great any more and to top it all off, it does not go with any of the other clothes, shoes and accessories already in your wardrobe.
You are faced with the dilemma of spending more money to update your wardrobe to match your new purchase, letting the new purchase make its way back to the store for a refund or pushing it to the back of your wardrobe with its tags still attached never to be worn. After several seasons of hiding in the back of your wardrobe you finally give it away because you no longer have sufficient space.
You still have nothing to wear and find yourself back at square one again feeling extremely frustrated. Sound familiar? A lot of time, effort and money goes into purchasing clothing items and you want to get it right first time. All these stresses can be avoided by following a few simple golden rules and guidelines
1. Only buy a clothing item or accessory if it goes with at least 3 or 4 other garments in your wardrobe. Always take your colour swatch wallet with you to compare and ensure that you buy the right colour tones. You will be amazed at how much time this will save you when shopping. Your own personalised colour swatch wallet can be obtained by attending a Colour Analysis.
2. Understand your body shape and the styles that suit you so that you know what you are looking for. Don’t buy an item just because it’s the latest fashion trend. Create a trend that will work for you. Remember not every item in every store suits every body shape. If you are not sure what styles suit you contact us about our Style Consultation.
3. Plan ahead. Think about your current wardrobe. Decide what you need to buy, what your budget is and then stick to it.
4. Think of the price per wear. How often will you wear it and is it really worth the investment?
5. Always dress according to the clothes that you want to buy. Style your hair and put on some makeup. Nothing is going to look fantastic if you are not looking and feeling your best. If you want to buy a new suit, wear an existing one. Not only can you compare and have the right shoes but you will also be taken more seriously.
6. Always take shoes with you that you plan to wear with the outfit so you can try them on in the shop and ensure that the outfit works for you.
7. Take a friend with you that you know will be honest or use the Personal Shopping services of an Image Consultant.
8. Don’t feel alarmed if you walk away without making a purchase. It just means there may not be anything in the shops for you on that day.
9. If you don’t absolutely love the item or absolutely need the item maybe it is not the right purchase for you.
10. Buy because the clothing item fits you not because it is the clothing size that you think should fit you.