With the launch of David Jones’ Spring Fashion 2013, it is a sign that spring and summer are on the way. Spring fashions tend to be brighter colours and styles and this season is no exception. David Jones and Myer fashions for spring are blooming with floral prints, (think big flowers), abstract prints, stripes and bright colours. There are still aspects of animal prints too. I love the big floral patterns for summer dresses and tops.
We are still seeing the maxi dress and the good news is sheath dress styles and pants remain in fashion. Accessories are also bright and colourful. For handbags think totes. Flats and pumps are shoe styles that never seem to go out of fashion and there are some great colours this season to have some fun with. When it comes to pumps choose a height to suit your comfort level and lifestyle.
It can be a bit intimidating when it comes to selecting and wearing prints so we have put together the following tips to ensure you get the most out of your prints this season.
- Check that the main print colour is in one of your best colours. The right colour for you makes an incredible difference in the way you look and feel – look good and feel good!
- Try not to complicate your outfit. Choose 1 print pattern and stick to it
- Prints are often hard to mix and match with other clothes so either choose a dress or team it with a solid colour (e.g. pants or skirt) that matches one of the colours in your print. We recommend wearing prints on your top half
- Keep your accessories simple. The print is often busy enough and you don’t want the print and your accessories to clash
- Choose print styles that you feel comfortable in. If you love big flowers then wear them but if this is a bit daunting for you try a simple stripe or subtle abstract print
Image sourced from www.fabsugar.com.au